Lotion Malfunction? | Storytime

Jul 25, 2016

This is a story about the time that I felt the need to not look at a label on a container before using it!
Yes, you read right... let's start from the beginning

One night, my mom gave me a large bottle of some sort of liquid. I decide to read the label but stopped about 2/3 of the way down, missing some very important information. On the label, it says  "Ultra Shea Butter" and my mind goes immediately to lotion. I don't know why, but it did.
So, the next few days I put the so-called lotion on my body. Nothing really happens just that I feel that my skin is somewhat soft. Also, I should have known something was up was when I was putting the "lotion" on, it felt really thick and heavy to apply. I just thought that, because it was ultra butter, it was supposed to be like that. I totally dismissed the idea. (Silly me! I should have known something was up)
A couple of days later, I was invited to go dune buggying with a couple of my friends and I had put the "lotion" on before going. It was raining when we went so while we were in the car I looked down at my legs and saw that the "lotion" was running off of my legs. I knew that lotion did that when it was in contact with water so I just decided not to put it on when it's raining. A few days later, my mom asked me to put my body wash in the shower.  I was confused, because I didn't know what body wash she was talking about.  Then, it occurred to me she may be talking about the "lotion" I had left sitting in my bathroom and I read the label, to find that it really was body wash.  Oh, my...no wonder it was coming off in the rain!  The only good thing that came out of that situation was that I got a nice leg cleaning while dune buggying!! :)

Here is what I should have read more closely:

My mom was right. I had put body wash on my body for over a week. Without even knowing.
I told my parents and my brother at dinner and they laughed so hard. Like red in the face, hardcore laughing. Well, at least now I know and I am not still using it as lotion.
In the end, I learned:

1. Always read the WHOLE label and do not get side tracked
2. Observe what you are doing. If the "lotion" is thick and chunky, that means there is a serious problem on your hands!

If you enjoyed this storytime blog post then tell me if you had any bad malfunctions like me. I would love to hear them. We can all laugh at ourselves together. 

P.S, I have a hashtag to go along with this blog post. 
Its #lotionnotlotion 
Make it happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS